A police officer returned home from his shift one day to find black smoke pouring out of his chimney. Going into his basement to investigate the burner, the house exploded as he turned on the light. The plaintiff suffered burns on his body and later claimed to have post-traumatic stress disorder from the incident.
Plaintif filed suit against the gas company, claiming a lapse in maintenance of the burner that caused the explosion. The gas company denied the allegations, and the Department of Public Utilities backed them up. The plaintiff has his own expert.
In the end, the case settled for $400,000.00 outside of court.
If you've been in an accident, contact our office today for a free consultation.